Identify the incorrectly matched pair:
1. Radula – Molluscs
2. Malpighian tubules– Insects
3. Choanocytes– Sponges
4. Cnidocytes – Ctenophora
Subtopic:  Phylum Coelenterata | Phylum Ctenophora |
 81%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

A defining feature in animals of phylum Cnidaria will be:
1. radial symmetry
2. alternation of generations
3. tentacles with stinging cells
4. bioluminescence
Subtopic:  Phylum Coelenterata |
 55%
Level 3: 35%-60%
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

Statement I: In Cnidarians, polyp is a sessile and in cylindrical form and medusa is umbrella-shaped and free-swimming.
Statement II: In Cnidarians, polyps produce medusae asexually and medusae form the polyps sexually.
 
1. Statement I is correct; Statement II is correct
2. Statement I is correct; Statement II is incorrect
3. Statement I is incorrect; Statement II is correct
4. Statement I is incorrect; Statement II is incorrect
Subtopic:  Phylum Coelenterata |
 89%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

advertisementadvertisement

The biological process shown in the given figure will be seen in members of Phylum:
1. Cnidaria 2. Ctenophora
3. Aschelminthes 4. Platyhelminthes
Subtopic:  Phylum Coelenterata |
 85%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

Match each item in Column-I with one in Column-II and select the best match from the codes given:
Column-I Column-II
A. Comb plates P. Cnidaria
B. Metagenesis Q. Mollusca
C. Canal system R. Sponges
D. Radula S. Ctenophora
Codes:
A B C D
1. S P R Q
2. P S R Q
3. P S Q R
4. S P Q R
Subtopic:  Phylum Porifera | Phylum Coelenterata | Phylum Ctenophora | Phylum Mollusca |
 89%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

Tissue level of body organization and absence of organ systems is seen in:
1. Cnidaria and Ctenophora
2. Porifera and Cnidaria
3. Aschelminthes and Porifera
4. Echinodermata and Chordata
Subtopic:  Phylum Coelenterata | Phylum Ctenophora | Basis of Classification |
 88%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

advertisementadvertisement

Identify the incorrect statement:
1. A cnidoblast is seen in Cnidaria
2. Bioluminescence is well developed in some Ctenophores
3. Protonephridia are excretory and osmoregulatory structures in flatworms
4. Nematodes have a true coelom
Subtopic:  Phylum Coelenterata | Phylum Ctenophora | Phylum Aschelminthes |
 79%
Level 2: 60%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.