Match the following phyla with their characteristic features:
Phylum
(List I)
Characteristic Feature
(List II)
A. Chordata 1. Spicules for support
B. Porifera 2. Notochord present at some stage
C. Echinodermata 3. Segmented body
D. Annelida 4. Radial symmetry and water vascular system
 
1. A-2, B-1, C-4, D-3 2. A-3, B-1, C-4, D-2
3. A-2, B-4, C-1, D-3 4. A-4, B-1, C-2, D-3
Subtopic:  Phylum Porifera | Phylum Annelida | Phylum Echinodermata | Phylum Chordata |
 83%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

Consider the given statements:
I: Annelids are metamerically segmented animals with a true coelom.
II: Arthropods are the most abundant group of animals characterised by the presence of jointed appendages.
III: Molluscs have a soft body surrounded by an external calcareous shell.
IV: Echinoderms possess a spiny skin.
V: Hemichordates are fresh water animals.
The number of correct statements is:
1. 2 2. 3
3. 4 4. 5
Subtopic:  Phylum Annelida | Phylum Arthropoda | Phylum Mollusca | Phylum Echinodermata | Phylum Hemichordata |
 73%
Level 2: 60%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

In Echinoderms:
Statement I: Digestive system is complete with mouth on the lower (ventral) side and anus on the upper (dorsal) side.
Statement II: An excretory system is absent.
 
1. Statement I is correct; Statement II is incorrect
2. Statement I is correct; Statement II is correct
3. Statement I is incorrect; Statement II is incorrect
4. Statement I is incorrect; Statement II is correct
Subtopic:  Phylum Echinodermata |
 82%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

advertisementadvertisement