Consider the given statements:
I: Annelids are metamerically segmented animals with a true coelom.
II: Arthropods are the most abundant group of animals characterised by the presence of jointed appendages.
III: Molluscs have a soft body surrounded by an external calcareous shell.
IV: Echinoderms possess a spiny skin.
V: Hemichordates are fresh water animals.
The number of correct statements is:
1. 2 2. 3
3. 4 4. 5
Subtopic:  Phylum Annelida | Phylum Arthropoda | Phylum Mollusca | Phylum Echinodermata | Phylum Hemichordata |
 73%
Level 2: 60%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

How do members of hemichordates resemble chordates?
I: The body is segmented metamerically.
II: The symmetry is bilateral and they have a true coelom
 
1. Only I
2. Only II
3. Both I and II
4. Neither I nor II
Subtopic:  Phylum Hemichordata | Phylum Chordata |
 66%
Level 2: 60%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

Consider the given two statements:
Assertion (A): Protochordates and Hemichordates are not chordates.
Reason(R): In protochordates, the notochord is not present throughout their life, while in hemichordates, notochord is not present at all.
 
1. Both (A) and (R) are True and (R) correctly explains (A)
2. Both (A) and (R) are True and (R) does not correctly explain (A)
3. (A) is True, (R) is False
4. (A) is False, (R) is False
Subtopic:  Phylum Hemichordata | Phylum Chordata |
 69%
Level 2: 60%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

advertisementadvertisement