The carbohydrates, in aerobic cellular respiration, are ultimately broken down into:
1. acetyl-CoA 2. CO2
3. O2 4. heat
Subtopic:  Aerobic Respiration |
 61%
Level 2: 60%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

The overall goal of glycolysis, Krebs cycle and the electron transport system is the formation of:
1. ATP in small stepwise units
2. ATP in one large oxidation reaction
3. Sugars
4. Nucleic acids

Subtopic:  Aerobic Respiration |
 88%
Level 1: 80%+
Hints

The reactions catalysed by pyruvic dehydrogenase in aerobic respiration require the participation of several coenzymes, including:
I: FAD
II: NAD+
III: Coenzyme A.

1. Only I
2. Only II and III
3. Only III
4. Only I and II
Subtopic:  Aerobic Respiration |
 84%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

advertisementadvertisement

In the mitochondrial matrix, pyruvate is broken down to release:
I: Three molecules of CO2
II: Eight molecules of NADH + H+
III: Two molecules of FADH2 
IV: One molecule of ATP 

1. Only I and II
2. Only III and IV
3. Only I, II and IV
4. Only I and IV
Subtopic:  Fermentation | Aerobic Respiration | Oxidative Phosphorylation |
 57%
Level 3: 35%-60%
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

Consider the given two statements:
Assertion (A): It is possible to make calculations of the net gain of ATP for every glucose molecule oxidised; but in reality this can remain only a theoretical exercise.
Reason (R): These calculations can be made only on certain assumptions that are not really valid in a living system.
 
1. Both (A) and (R) are True and (R) correctly explains the (A)
2. Both (A) and (R) are True but (R) is not the correct explanation of the (A)
3. (A) is True but (R) is False
4. (A) is False but (R) is True
Subtopic:  Aerobic Respiration | THE RESPIRATORY BALANCE SHEET |
 88%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.