Which characteristic feature is common to both Bryophytes and Pteridophytes?
1. Presence of flowers 
2. Production of seeds 
3. Dependence on water for fertilization 
4. Presence of vascular tissues
Subtopic:  Bryophytes | Pteridophytes |
 94%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

Consider the given two statements:
Statement I: Ferns have small leaves called microphylls
Statement II:  Equisetum has strobili or cones 
 
1. Statement I is correct; Statement II is correct
2. Statement I is correct; Statement II is incorrect
3. Statement I is incorrect; Statement II is correct
4. Statement I is incorrect; Statement II is incorrect
Subtopic:  Pteridophytes |
 63%
Level 2: 60%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

Which of the following does not belong to the class Pteropsida?

1. Dryopteris 2. Adiantum
3. Pteris 4. Lycopodium
Subtopic:  Pteridophytes |
 83%
Level 1: 80%+
Hints

advertisementadvertisement

Consider the given two statements:
Assertion (A): The spread of living pteridophytes is limited and restricted to narrow geographical regions.
Reason (R): Pteridophytes are not dependent on water for fertilisation.
 
1. Both (A) and (R) are True and (R) explains (A)
2. Both (A) and (R) are True and (R) does not explain (A)
3. (A) is True but (R) is False
4. (A) is False but (R) is True
Subtopic:  Pteridophytes |
 85%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

What is the key difference between bryophytes and pteridophytes?
1. Bryophytes are vascular plants, whereas pteridophytes are non-vascular.
2. Bryophytes have seeds, while pteridophytes reproduce through spores.
3. Pteridophytes have a well-developed vascular system, unlike bryophytes.
4. Bryophytes are predominantly aquatic, while pteridophytes are terrestrial
Subtopic:  Bryophytes | Pteridophytes |
 87%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

Consider the two statements: 
I: All pteridophytes are heterosporous 
II: All gymnosperms are homosporous 
1. Only I 
2. Only II 
3. Both I and II are correct 
4. Both I and II are incorrect
Subtopic:  Pteridophytes | Gymnosperms |
 75%
Level 2: 60%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

advertisementadvertisement

In pteridophytes:
I: The main plant body is diploid
II: Body is differentiated in true roots, stems, and leaves
III: Roots, stems, and leaves possess well differentiated vascular tissues
1. Only I and II are correct
2. Only I and III are correct
3. Only II and III are correct
4. I, II and III are correct
Subtopic:  Pteridophytes |
 82%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

What is a prothallus?
1. A structure in pteridophytes formed before the thallus develops
2. A sporophytic free living structure formed in pteridophytes     
3. A gametophyte free living structure formed in pteridophytes
4. A primitive structure formed after fertilization in pteridophytes
Subtopic:  Pteridophytes |
 71%
Level 2: 60%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

Regarding Pteridophytes:
I: Genera like Selaginella and Salvinia are heterosporous.
II: Dryopteris, Pteris, and Adiantum belong to Pteropsida.
 
1. Only I is correct
2. Only II is correct
3. Both I and II are correct
4. Both I and II are incorrect
Subtopic:  Pteridophytes |
 92%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

advertisementadvertisement