Match the following columns and select the correct option.

Column-I Column-II
a. Bt cotton (i) Gene therapy
b. Adenosine deaminase deficiency (ii) Cellular defense
c. RNAi  (iii) Detection of HIV infection
d. PCR  (iv) Bacillus thuringiensis
 
a b c d
1. (iii) (ii) (i) (iv)
2. (ii) (iii) (iv) (i)
3. (i) (ii) (iii) (iv)
4. (iv) (i) (ii) (iii)
Subtopic:  Bt Crops | Interference RNA Tech | Gene Therapy | Molecular Diagnosis |
 94%
Level 1: 80%+
NEET - 2020
Hints

Match List-I with List-II
List-I List-II
(A) Gene therapy (I) Separation of DNA fragments
(B) RNA interference (II) Diagnostic test for AIDS
(C) ELISA (III) Cellular defense
(D) Gel Electrophoresis (IV) Allows correction of a gene defect

Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Options: (A) (B) (C) (D)
1. IV I II III
2. IV II III I
3. IV III II I
4. IV III I II
Subtopic:  Interference RNA Tech | Med Applications & Humulin | Gene Therapy | Molecular Diagnosis |
 91%
Level 1: 80%+
NEET - 2023
Hints

Which one of the following techniques does not serve the purpose of early diagnosis of a disease for its early treatment?
1. Enzyme Linked Immuno-Sorbent Assay (ELISA) technique
2. Recombinant DNA Technology
3. Serum and Urine analysis
4. Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) technique
Subtopic:  Molecular Diagnosis |
 80%
Level 1: 80%+
NEET - 2023
Hints

advertisementadvertisement

For effective treatment of the disease, early diagnosis and understanding of its pathophysiology is very important. Which of the following molecular diagnostic techniques is very useful for early detection?
1. ELISA Technique
2. Hybridization Technique
3. Western Blotting Technique
4. Southern Blotting Technique
Subtopic:  Molecular Diagnosis |
 89%
Level 1: 80%+
NEET - 2021
Hints

Nowadays, it is possible to detect the mutated gene causing cancer by allowing the radioactive probe to hybridise its complementary DNA in clone of cells, followed by its detection using autoradiography because:
 

1. mutated gene does not appear on a photographic film as the probe has no complementarity with it.
2. mutated gene does not appear on a photographic film as the probe has complementarity with it.
3. mutated gene partially appears on a photographic film.
4. mutated gene completely and clearly appears on a photographic film.
Subtopic:  Molecular Diagnosis |
 71%
Level 2: 60%+
NEET - 2021
Hints

Which of the following is not an application of PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction)?

1. Purification of isolated protein

2. Detection of gene mutation

3. Molecular diagnosis

4. Gene amplification

Subtopic:  Molecular Diagnosis |
 75%
Level 2: 60%+
NEET - 2021
Hints

advertisementadvertisement

Golden rice, developed at IRRI [International Rice Research Institute] contains:
1. Cyanocobalamin and Calciferol
2. β carotene
3. Iodine
4. All essential amino acids
Subtopic:  Molecular Diagnosis |
 85%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.