Match List-I with List-II
List-I (Interacting species) List-II (Name of Interaction)
A. A Leopard and a Lion in a Forest/grassland I. Competition
B. A Cuckoo laying an egg in a Crow's nest II. Brood parasitism
C. Fungi and root of a higher plant mycorrhizae III. Mutualism
D. A cattle egret and a Cattle in a field IV. Commensalism
  
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Options: A B C D
1. II III I IV
2. I II III IV
3. I II IV III
4. III IV I II
Subtopic:  Population Interactions: Competition | Population Interactions: Predation | Population Interactions: Parasitism | Population Interactions: Amensalism | Population Interactions: Commensalism, Protocooperation & Mutualism |
 86%
Level 1: 80%+
NEET - 2023
Hints

Which one of the following population interactions is widely used in medical science for the production of antibiotics?
1. Commensalism
2. Mutualism
3. Parasitism
4. Amensalism
Subtopic:  Population Interactions: Amensalism |
 61%
Level 2: 60%+
NEET - 2018
Hints

Amensalism is a biological interaction where:
1. an organism inflicts harm to another organism without any costs or benefits received by itself.
2. two species interact but do not affect each other.
3. one organism benefits and the other organism is neither benefited nor harmed.
4. species derive a mutual benefit.
Subtopic:  Population Interactions: Amensalism |
 91%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

advertisementadvertisement