Which one of the following is not a parasitic adaptation?
1. Development of adhesive organs
2. Loss of digestive organs
3. Loss of reproductive capacity
4. Loss of unnecessary sense organs
Subtopic:  Population Interactions: Parasitism |
 78%
Level 2: 60%+
NEET - 2013
Hints

Match List-I with List-II
List-I (Interacting species) List-II (Name of Interaction)
A. A Leopard and a Lion in a Forest/grassland I. Competition
B. A Cuckoo laying an egg in a Crow's nest II. Brood parasitism
C. Fungi and root of a higher plant mycorrhizae III. Mutualism
D. A cattle egret and a Cattle in a field IV. Commensalism
  
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Options: A B C D
1. II III I IV
2. I II III IV
3. I II IV III
4. III IV I II
Subtopic:  Population Interactions: Competition | Population Interactions: Predation | Population Interactions: Parasitism | Population Interactions: Amensalism | Population Interactions: Commensalism, Protocooperation & Mutualism |
 86%
Level 1: 80%+
NEET - 2023
Hints

If '+' sign is assigned to beneficial interaction, '–' sign to detrimental and '0' sign to neutral interaction, then the population interaction represented by '+' '–' refers to:

1. mutualism 2. amensalism
3. commensalism 4. parasitism
Subtopic:  Population Interactions: Parasitism |
 91%
Level 1: 80%+
NEET - 2016
Hints

advertisementadvertisement

Consider the given two statements:

Assertion (A):

The female Anopheles mosquito is not considered a parasite.

Reason (R):

It actually is an ectoparasite and not an endoparasite.
 

1.

Both (A) and (R) are True and (R) correctly explains (A).

2.

Both (A) and (R) are True but (R) does not correctly explain (A).

3.

(A) is True; (R) is False

4.

Both (A) and (R) are False

Subtopic:  Population Interactions: Parasitism |
 70%
Level 2: 60%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

The human liver fluke:
I: is a member of Platyhelminthes.
II: depends on two intermediate hosts (a snail and a fish) to complete its life cycle.
1. Only I is correct
2. Only II is correct
3. Both I and II are correct
4. Both I and II are incorrect
Subtopic:  Population Interactions: Parasitism |
 86%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.